WAN Dongmei, a professor at School of Life Science, Liaoning University, received B.S., M.S. and Ph.D degrees in Biology in 1991, 1994 and 2002 respectively, all from Northeast Normal University. Prof. Wan was awarded the excellent undergraduate teacher in Shenyang city, outstanding master supervisor in Liaoning universities. Also she is director of China Ornithogical Society, vice Secretary-general of Liaoning Zoological Society, vice-president of Liaoning Wildlife Conservation Society. Prof. Wan currently is a member of Biology Teaching Guiding Committee in College and Universities of Liaoning Province.
Now she majors in animal ecology including avian ecology and conservation biology, specially focused on reproductive behavior ecology, molecular ecology of passerine birds, which aimed at revealing the mating system, characteristics of parental care and the impacts of environment change on animals particularly the birds.
The main research achievements are as follows,
1. Ma RQ, Chang P, Wan DM*, Ju J, Zhang L, Li DL. Extra-pair paternity is unrelated to the spouse's genetic compatibility in Varied tit (Parus varius). Acta Ecologica Sinica, 2015, 35(15): 2018- 2025.
2. Xi CH, Li DL, Zhang L, Cai Y, Wan DM*. Effect of food and seasonal factors on the food caching behavior in the varied tit. Acta Ecologica Sinica, 2015, 35(15): 5026-5031．
3. Mckay BD, Mays HL Jr., Yao CT, Wan DM, Higuchi H, Nishiumi I. Incorporating color into integrative taxonomy: analysis of the varied tit (Sittiparus varius) complex in East Asia. Systematic Biology, 2014, 63(4): 505-517.
4. Ju J, Yin JX, Racey P, Zhang L, Li DL, Wan DM*. Extra-pair paternity in Varied Tits Poecile varius. Acta Ornithol. 2014, 49(1): 131-137.
5. Zhang L, Li DL, Ma RQ, Xi CH, Wan DM*. The main nest predators of birds breeding in artificial nest-boxes and its influencing factors. Acta Ecologica Sinica, 2014, 34(5): 1235-1243.
6. Cai Y, Li DL, Li QJ, Wan DM*. The food composition and utilization of Varied Tit, Parus varius in breeding and non-breeding season. Chinese Journal of Zoology, 2014, 49(6): 811-819.
7. Wan DM, Chang P, Yin JX. Causes of extra-pair paternity and its inter-specific variation in socially monogamous birds. Acta Ecologica Sinica (International Journal), 2013, 33: 158-166.
8. Li L, Zhang L, Yin JX, Liu ZC, Liu H, Wan DM*. Coexistence mechanism of two species passerines in man-made nest boxes. Acta Ecologica Sinica, 2013, 33(1): 0150-0158.
9. Yin LX, Zhang L, Chang P, Li J, Wan DM*. Extrapair paternity in Parus major. Zoological Research, 2013, 34(1): 47-52.
10. Wan DM*, Ju J, Cai Y, Zhang L, Li DL. Genetic Diversity of Parus varius in Mainland of China. Journal of Liaoning University, 2013, 40(3): 249-259.
11. Li J, Yin JX, Yin LX, Li L, Chang P, Wan DM*. The behavior of parental feeding and offspring begging by Parus varius. Chiese Journal of Zoology, 2012, 47(4): 19-27.
12. Li L, Wan DM*, Liu H, Yin JX, Li QJ, Huo YP. Nest site selection and reproductive success of Parus varius in man-made nest boxes. Acta Ecologica Sinica, 2011, 31(24): 7492-7499.
13. Li L, Liu H, Wan DM, Ma Q*, Zhang SQ, Liu ZL. Foraging habitat selection of wild boar in Laotudingzi Natural Reserve of Liaoning Province in winter. Chinese Journal of Ecology, 2010, 29(12): 2408-2413.
14. Du Y, Huo YP, Wan DM*, Sun J, Lv YT, Cao J. Moss selection as nest materials by Parus varius. Chinese Journal of Zoology, 2010, 45(4): 144 -149.
15. Jiang YL, Gao W, Lei FM, Wan DM, Zhao J, Wang HT*. Nesting biology and population dynamics of Jankowski’s Bunting Emberiza jankowskii in Western Jilin, China. Bird Conservation International, 2008, 18:153-163.
16. Jin CR, Wang S, Wan DM*, Li HY, Huo YP. Breeding ecology of Parus varius. Chinese Journal of Ecology, 2007, 26(12): 1988-1995.
17. Wan DM, Zhao J, Gao W, Wang HT, Cheng JR. Lek field selection of great bustard. Acta Ecologica Sinica, 2004, 24(11): 2597-2601.
18. Wan DM, Gao W, Wang QY, Wang HT, Liu MY. Effects of habitat fragmentation on nesting site selection of red-crowned crane. Chiese Joural of Applied Ecology, 2002, 13(5): 581-584.
Books and Book Chapters:
1. Wan DM, Zou BZ. Pen-and-ink illustration with chinese wild birds. Shenyang: Liaoning university press, 2016.
2. Wan DM (editorship). Natural resources of China - animals. Hollyhock: Inner Mongolia education press, 2015.
3. Wan DM (editorship). Natural resources of China - plants and bacteria. Hollyhock: Inner Mongolia education press, 2015.
4. Wan DM (editorship). National conservation ecology - animals. Beijing: Beijing united publishing press, 2015.
5. Wan DM (editorship). Diagram of key protected wild animals in Liaoning province. Shenyang: Liaoning national publishing house, 2012.
6. Wan DM (editorship). Environmental and biological evolution. Beijing: chemical industry press, 2006.
7. Gao W, Wan DM (subeditor). Ecology of cavity - nesting birds in northeast China. Changchun: Jilin science and technology press, 2004.