CAO xiangyu, a professor at School of Life Science, Liaoning University, received B.S. degrees of biotechnology in 2003 and M.S. degrees of environmental sciences in 2006 respectively, both from Liaoning University. He completed his Ph.D degrees of food science in 2009 at Shenyang Agricultural University, China.
Professor Cao has received more than 12 research grants including the National Natural Science Foundation of China. He has authored more than 50 publications and 6 patents. Dr. Cao received several awards including scientific and technological advancement of Liaoning Province, Liaoning Excellent Talents in University, Youth Agricultural Science and Technology Innovative Talents of Liaoning Province. In addition, he has mentored more than 10 M.S. students.
The research interests include: 1. Food biotechnology: Preparation, separation, purification, functional activity and mechanism research of natural product. 2. Food safety evaluation: Food safety evaluation of chemical compound and natural product. 3. Molecular nutriology.
The main research achievements are as follows:
1. XIANG‑YU CAO, JIAN‑LI LIU, WEI YANG, XIAO HOU and QI‑JIU LI. Antitumor activity of polysaccharide extracted from Pleurotus ostreatus mycelia against gastric cancer in vitro and in vivo. MOLECULAR MEDICINE REPORTS. 2015, 12(2):2383-2389. (SCI)
2. Cao X, Yang C, Liu J, Hui X, Yang W, Li S, Tian Y, Cai L. DNA Damage and Effects on Antioxidative Enzymes in Earthworm (Eisenia fetida) Induced by Flumorph. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2014,172(4):2276-2285. (SCI)
3. Xiangyu Cao, Chao Yang, Ruihua Liu, Qiang Li, Wei Zhang, Jianli Liu, Cunjiang Song, Chuangling Qiao, Ashok Mulchandani. Stimultaneous degradation of organophosphate and organochlorine pesticides by Sphingobium japonicum UT26 with surface-displayed organophsphorus hydrolase. Biodegradation. 2013,24(2):295-303. (SCI)
4. Xiangyu Cao,Ruihua Liu ,Jianli Liu,Yapeng Huo,Wei Yang,Meng Zeng,Chao Yang. A Novel Polysaccharide from Lentinus edodes Mycelia Exhibits Potential Antitumor Activity on Laryngeal Squamous Cancer Cell Line Hep-2. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2013,171(6):1444-1453. (SCI)
5.Yang C, Liu R, Yuan Y, Liu J, Cao X, Qiao C, Song C. Construction of a Green Fluorescent Protein (GFP)-Marked Multifunctional Pesticide-Degrading Bacterium for Simultaneous Degradation of Organophosphates and γ-Hexachlorocyclohexane. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 2013,61(6):1328-1334. (corresponding author，SCI)
6. Xiang Yu Cao, Wei Yang, Jian Li Lui, Hai Xin Ai. Isolation process and bioactive activity of bioactive polysaccharides from fungal mycelium. Advanced Materials Research.2013,726-731:401-405. (EI)
7. Xiangyu Cao, Jianli Liu, Tiemin Li, Jiangbei Yuan, Chengbin Xu, Xiujuan Hui. Dianbo Dong, Meng Zeng. Investigation on the interaction between 3, 5-dihydroxytoluene and bovine serum albumin by fluorescence spectroscopy. IEEE International Symposium on IT in Medicine and Education. 2011,1: 679-683. (EI)
8. Xiangyu Cao, Jianli Liu, Xiuli Lu, Tiemin Li, Wei Wang, Qijiu Li. Study on the interaction between 3, 5-dinitrobenzoic acid and bovine serum albumin by fluorescence spectroscopic method. Advanced Materials Research. 2011,233-235:113-116. (EI)
9. Jianli LIU, Xiangyu Cao, Xiuli Lu, Yapeng Huo. Fluorescence spectroscopic studies of interaction between 4-aminobenzenesulfonic acid and bovine serum albumin. Advanced Materials Research. 2011,233-235:2619-2623 (corresponding author，EI)
Address: 66 Chongshan Road, Huanggu District, Shenyang 1100036