ZHANG Yao, associate professor at College of Chemistry, Liaoning University. Yao obtained his B.S. in Chemistry at Soochow University in 2007. In the same year, he went abroad to Singapore and obtained his Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry at Nanyang Technological University in 2011 under the supervision of Prof. HONG Soon Hyeok. After that he worked as a postdoctoral research fellow in Prof. ZHAO Yu’s group at National University of Singapore in the field of asymmetric catalysis. He joined Liaoning University in early 2015.
Organometallic chemistry, asymmetric catalysis, organic synthesis
1. Hui-Jie Pan, Yao Zhang, Chunhui Shan, Zhaoyuan Yu, Yu Lan,* Yu Zhao*, Asymmetric Transfer Hydrogenation of Imines using Alcohol: Efficiency and Selectivity are Influenced by the Hydrogen Donor,Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 9615-9619.
2. Zi-Qiang Rong#, Yao Zhang#, Raymond Hong Bing Chua, Hui-Jie Pan, Yu Zhao*, Dynamic kinetic asymmetric amination of alcohols: from a mixture of four isomers to diastereo- and enantiopure α‑branched amines, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 4944-4947.
#Those authors contributed equally.
3. Yao Zhang, Ching-Si Lim, Derek Sui Boon Sim, Hui-Jie Pan, Yu Zhao*, Catalytic enantioselective amination of alcohols using borrowing hydrogen methodology: cooperative catalysis by iridium and chiral phosphoric acid, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 1399-1403.
4. Yao Zhang, Xingwei Li*, Soon Hyeok Hong*, Ruthenium ONO-type pincer complex: synthesis, structural characterization, and catalysis, Adv. Synth. Catal. 2010, 352, 1779-1783.
5. Yao Zhang, Cheng Chen, Subhash Chandra Ghosh, Yongxin Li, Soon Hyeok Hong*, Well-defined N-heterocyclic carbene based ruthenium catalysts for direct amide synthesis from alcohols and amines,Organometallics 2010, 29, 1374-1378.
6. Yao Zhang, Guoyong Song, Gaoyuan Ma, Jin Zhao*, Cheng-Ling Pan*, Xingwei Li*, 1, 3-Dinitrone pincer complexes of palladium and nickel: synthesis, structural characterizations and catalysis, Organometallics 2009,28, 3233- 3238.