JIAO Runming, a professor and PhD supervisor at History School of Liaoning University, the director for Research Centre for Social and Cultural History of Modern China at Liaoning University, the Pace-setter in history of Modern China in Liaoning Province, the Vice-Chairman and Secretary General of Research Association for History of Sino-Japanese Relations in northeastern area, the Vice-Chairman of Research Association for the Study of Zhang Xueliang and the Northeast Army in Liaoning Province, the Vice-Chairman of Research Association for the Study of Mukden Incident, received a B.A. and a M.A. in history from Northeast Normal University in 1983 and 1988 respectively, a PhD in history from Beijing Normal University in 1993, a PhD in law from China University of Political Science and Law in 2004. He was a visiting research fellow at University of Toyama, Chukyo University.
His research interests include History of Modern China, Legal History of Modern China, and Theory of Historiography. His main research achievements are as follows:
1. History of Modern China
2. Cultural Debates of Modern China
3. On Plague and the Anti-epidemic Measures at Northeastern China in late Qing Dynasty.
4. On the Famine and Relieves in Modern Northeastern China
5. the leading researcher of the project supported by National Social Science Foundation in 2016, project on history of Northeast frontier in 2002, project supported by Humanities and Social Sciences Planning Fund of the Ministry of Education in 2010, major project supported by Liaoning Province and other twenty projects supported by National and Liaoning Provincial Institutes
6. one of the First Hundred Major Courses and postgraduates top-quality courses in 2005; first, second, third prizes in Social Science Awards provided by Government