CAO Shuo is Associate professor in the Department of Fundamental Physics, School of Physics, where he is currently serving as Chair of the Department. He received the Ph.D. in condensed matter physics from the Institute of Physics (IOP), Chinese Academy of Sciences, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS), Beijing, China in 2015. He obtained the M.Sc. degree in theoretical physics in 2004 and the B.Sc. degree in physics in 2000 from the School of Physics, Liaoning University, Shenyang, China.
Since 2004, he has been on the Faculty at Liaoning University, China. 2019/09-2020/09, Dr. Cao has been appointed as a Visiting Associate Professor at the Department of Electrical Engineering in the School of Engineering, Stanford University, USA.
His research fields are the electronic and optical properties of low-dimensional materials, such as zero-dimensional quantum dot (QD), two-dimensional graphene (GR), and hybrid QD-GR materials and optoelectronic devices. Recently, he is particularly interested in analyzing and understanding energy band coupling and intrinsic charge transfer, transition micro-mechanisms of hybrid low-dimensional materials and optoelectronic devices.
The main Publications are as follows:
1. Shuo Cao, Jingang Wang, Fengcai Ma and Mengtao Sun, Charge-transfer channel in quantum dot – graphene hybrid materials, Nanotechnology, 2018, 29, 145202, SCI.
2. Shuo Cao, Jingang Wang, Yong Ding, Mengtao Sun & Fengcai Ma. Visualization of weak interactions between quantum dot and graphene in hybrid materials, Scientific Reports, 2017, 7:747, SCI .
3. Shuo Cao, Jing Tang, Yue Sun, Kai Peng, Yu-nan Gao, Yan-hui Zhao, Chen-jiang Qian, Hassan Ali, Yu-ting Shao, Shi-yao Wu, David, A. Williams, Wei-dong Sheng, Kui-juan Jin and Xiu-lai Xu. Observation of coupling between zero- and two dimensional semiconductor systems based on anomalous diamagnetic effects, Nano Research, 2016, 9(2):306, SCI, IF 8.515.
4. Shuo Cao, Jing Tang, Yu-nan Gao, Yue Sun, Kang-sheng Qiu, Yan-hui Zhao, Min He, Jin-An Shi, Lin Gu, David A. Williams, Wei-dong Sheng, Kui-juan Jin & Xiu-lai Xu. Longitudinal wave function control in single quantum dots with an applied magnetic field, Scientific Reports, 2015, 5:8041, SCI.
5. Shuo Cao, Xiao-fan Ji, Kang-sheng Qiu, Yu-nan Gao, Yan-hui Zhao, Jing Tang, Zheng Xu, Kui-juan Jin and Xiu-lai Xu. Resolving exciton diffusion in InGaAs quantum wells using micro-photoluminescence mapping with a lateral excitation, Semiconductor Science and Technology, 2013, 28(12): 125004, SCI.